Join us live for Sunday worship online!
The bulletin for this Sunday’s liturgy is available online here.
SPECIAL NOTICES REGARDING ST. JOHN’S DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
Our parish plan for re-entry has been finalized by the Coronavirus Response Team and approved by the Vestry. It is available online here. Please note that the Google Calendar at the bottom of this page always has the most up-to-date information on what is happening and how it is happening. As of right now, here are the current ongoing activities:
For the health and well-being of parishioners and the community all in-person gatherings at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Grand Haven are suspended, with the exception of the live-streaming of public worship with only limited worship ministers in attendance. Attendance be allowed once more when both our county risk and our regional risk are at medium or lower.
Until then, and as a suggested alternative to church attendance, St. John’s Episcopal Church encourages online participation in worship as follows:
- On Sundays, we will live-stream either Holy Eucharist or Morning Prayer (depending on the rector’s availability) at 10:00am that will be live-streamed on the Parish YouTube Channel. Limited worship ministers will attend.
- Also on Sundays at 2pm, Father Jared Cramer continues to teach a Faith Formation Class on Zoom. The current subject is “An Introduction to the Hebrew Bible.” All are welcome to join the class online here.
- For our Sunday 12:45pm we will live-stream a Spanish-language service of either Holy Eucharist or Morning Prayer (depending on the rector’s availability), with the assistance and leadership of our Missioner, Luis Valencia. This will be streamed live on the Spanish-language Iglesia de San Juan Facebook Page.
- On Tuesdays, Father Jared will offer a weekly Bible Study as an online Zoom offering at 1:30pm. You may join that Bible Study at 1:30pm on Tuesdays online here. We will explore the lectionary readings for the upcoming Sunday
The Parish Office remains closed. However, we are still trying to help those who we know will be most affected by this pandemic:
- Our Loving Spoonfuls Meal Ministry will continue but with a strict “curbside only” system. That means that an extremely limited number of volunteers (no more than five) will prepare the food in our publicly licensed kitchen. (Meals prepared at home may not be served publicly, according to Ottawa County Health Department Guidelines). During our regular serving times on Sunday afternoons and Wednesday evenings, a table will be setup outside the West Entrance and to-go containers with the hot meal for the day will be made available for pickup. Every effort will be made to avoid person-to-person contact so that the hungry may be fed while reducing risk for contagion
- Our Food Pantry will now shift to appointment only. Please call 616-842-6260 ext. 21, and leave a message. Your call will be returned and a pickup time will be scheduled between Monday through Thursday.
It is entirely possible that situations could shift for the better, enabling the lifting of restrictions, or things could worsen, requiring even more restrictions. Church leaders will continue to monitor this situation and respond to the advice and counsel given to us by the medical community and the wider church.
Welcome to St. John’s Episcopal Church! Our Sunday worship in English is at 8:30am and 10am and in Spanish at 12:45pm. Sunday school and adult faith formation is at 11:30am from September through May. In the summer months, the Spanish service is at 11:45am
We are a parish of the Diocese of Western Michigan in the Episcopal Church. We are a diverse Christian community, following Jesus’ teaching through liturgical worship, transformation in the mind of Christ, and the pursuit of reconciliation and justice in God’s creation. This is summarized by our motto: Worship God. Be Transformed in Christ. Change the World. We encourage you to read our welcoming statement here to find out more about us.
If you are visiting our area, we welcome you to come and worship with us. If you are seeking a church to call home, we would be honored if you would spend some time with us to see if we might be that place for you.
If there is anything about our church that you are having trouble finding on the website, please contact us so we can help.
The Episcopal Church welcomes you!