St. John’s is the only church in the Tri-Cities area that offers hungry people of our community nutritious meals on a regular basis. Our kitchen is staffed each week by volunteers from our parish, members of other churches, and individuals from our community. Contact the Parish Office to volunteer to serve. Want to be on a regular rotation? Click here to sign-up for that. The current schedule for volunteers is available online here.
Loving Spoonfuls provides meals to the community twice a week:
- Wednesday evenings, 5:30pm – 6:30pm
- Sunday afternoons, 1:00pm – 2:00pm.
Donations are always welcome to the Spoonfuls Fund Fund to help cover the costs of this ministry. Contact the Parish Office to find out more.
All are welcome.
Loving Spoonfuls’ Meal Ministry
Statement of Purpose: Loving Spoonfuls provides a nutritious meal, fellowship, and a safe and joyful environment to anyone in our community who is hungry.
- To have our kitchen workers ministry fully staffed by a growing and rotating group of volunteers at each of our meals, particularly encouraging greater community and ecumenical involvement.
- To reach out to more potential guests and families, perhaps with a specific volunteer position focused on connecting with those in our community who are in need of a meal.
- To expand volunteer work to include people who would be able to pick up food donations each week from local businesses, such as Panera, Grand Haven Bakehouse, etc.
- To ensure that our kitchen equipment meets the needs of this ministry, making provision for updates and changes as determined by our Kitchen Managers and approved by the Vestry.
- To cultivate increasing resources for the possible provision of additional meals during the week.
Membership: This ministry is overseen by the Rector his delegated staff—our Parish Administrator, who is assisted by our certified Kitchen Managers. Each Manager rotates responsibility for overseeing the preparation and service of our regular meals. Kitchen Managers and volunteers are not required to be members of St. John’s, but simply people who have a passion for service. Kitchen Managers are certified by Safeguarding God’s Children.
You can use the contact form below to sign up to volunteer or for more information.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form